Monday, July 2, 2012

Limoncello Poppy Seed Cupcakes

What's up internet fans? Long time no post, sorry about that. I'm going to make excuses now. It has just been too hot to bake anything and I have been pretty busy. I had a job and I was taking a class. Now the class is almost over with and I quit the job. Do not ever work for the Renaissance Festivals, at least the one in Colorado. Pay is barely over minimum wage and the place I was working was the only shop that was not allowed to except tips. It was a really crappy job.

I've got a favor to ask of those who live in Utah. My cousin's Harley was stolen from his apartment complex, so my favor is for you to keep your eyes peeled for it. And either call the cops about it or let me know so I can tell my cousin. A couple of things to look for are the scratches toward the back of the pipes, the mirrors are flipped upside down, and for a trained eye the screaming eagle intake vance and hines short shots
forward controls.
  Here is a picture of it.




I saw a while ago this recipe for Limoncello Pound Cake. I really like lemon poppy seed muffins, so I decided to try the recipe with an addition of poppy seeds. I also decided to make them into cupcakes/muffins whatever you want to call them. They were delicious. I made them kind of last minute and did not have a chance to charge my camera and take a picture. I suggest making them, since they are quite delicious.

Limoncello Poppy Seed Cupcakes 
3 eggs
1 cup yogurt
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup limoncello
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons poppy seeds

Glaze
3 tablespoons limoncello
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350°, put liners in cupcake pan. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, limoncello, butter, and sugar.
Sift the dry ingredients together in a smaller bowl, then add to the mixture, literally mix until the dry ingredients are no longer visible, do not over mix otherwise you get a weird texture of cake.Bake for about 15-20 minutes, then test with a toothpick, should come out clean when the cake is done.
To make the glaze, put the sugar and limoncello in a bowl and whisk together, adding more sugar or limoncello if the consistency is not to your liking. Then put some on the cooled cupcakes. You can drizzle it on the cupcakes or use it kind of like frosting and make it look sorta pretty. Its up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment