Friday, February 24, 2012

Spring Break/Fudgy Brownies

I'm on Spring Break and this is what it looks like outside...
Real Spring like...


Why does my school have spring break when it isn't spring time? Because we are a bunch of college ski bums? I don't know other than this is how they have worked it... I am super excited to find out that I got a 294 out of 300 on my history final. I was really stressing out about that one because we had to write two essays in under two hours. Granted they didn't have to be long essays, but I don't like having to write in a time limit such as that. I am also happy that on my huge group project that was due last week and was 20 plus pages, my group and I got a 92%. This trimester I started out failing most of my classes because I had a crappy schedule that didn't really let me do anything, but I was able to work at it and get all of my grades above a C, I believe. There is still one class that the final hasn't been graded yet, but it should still be a B or A even. I don't think I can truly convey how excited/happy I am about my history final. Tomorrow I'm going to Cirque du Soliel, which should be good and fun.

Holly being the strange kit-cat that he is
I love him more than chocolate
Because I didn't do a Valentines day post, this one is kind of making up for it. I'm cheap, most of the time. I don't do days like Valentines day because its a stupid day to go out a buy cards for and crap. My mom however bought me the bear that is strangling my cat. It is holding a heart and it says "I love you more than chocolate" and she bought me two bags of peanut chocolate covered candies. Which I then used to make her gift, and picked out only the blue ones because that is her favorite color. Since I know she loves chocolate, I made her brownies and turned it into a card saying love Sara, but a heart instead of the word because I didn't have enough room in the pan... 

Here is the recipe for the brownies. We got it out of a magazine, and I want to give them credit, but I don't know what magazine, the title just says The Enlightened Cook.



Fudgy Brownies
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup butter
2 oz dark chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350, Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl, stir with a a whisk. Place putter and chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until smooth, and set aside. Cool slightly. Add the sugar, milk, vanilla extract, egg yolks and egg; stir with a whisk to combine. Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking  spray. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes our almost clean.
For mine just pick out chocolate covered candies and place randomly or in a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment