Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beer Bread

I turned 21 a little over a week ago. I bought my first drink yesterday, it was a deliciously tequilay frozen strawberry margarita. Today I went and bought some beer to make a recipe I saw on a blog. It was for beer bread. Thanks to a lovely class at school where we did nothing but learn about beer and taste it, I know what kind of beer that I like. I love the hefeweizen by Paulaner which is a brewery based in Munich, Germany.
Jacqueline is the blogger over at Bake it with Booze where I got the idea to make this here bread. She even said that she wanted to try it with a hefeweizen. Since I love hefeweizens I decided to make it with that kind of beer.
Let me tell you, this bread is super easy and takes maybe ten minutes at the most (I'm accounting for distractions such as the neighbor coming over) to actually prepare it. There is no time needed to let it rise and I only got one bowl dirty (which means that I used my hand to stir and just wiped out my measuring stuff). It has a deliciously crunchy outside and super moist inside. It is awesome. I love it.



Ingredients: 

3 cups flour 
1 tablespoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon salt 
1/4 cup sugar 
1 12-ounce bottle or can of beer 
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter

Preheat the oven to 375. Mix all dry ingredients together in a med-large bowl. Pour in the beer and mix until just combined. Pour some of the melted butter not much enough to coat the bottom of a loaf pan; swirl to coat the bottom thoroughly. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. It will be lumpy in the pan and it doesn't matter. Pour the rest of the butter over the top of the loaf, giving it a good coating. Bake for about 50-55 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then eat, if you feel like, or let it cool even more and then enjoy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment