Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rice Pudding

For one of my classes we are required to to do ten hours of community service. I decided to go to a place called International Hearing Dogs, Inc. (pawsforsilence.org) They work with dogs and teach them to hear for those who can not do so for themselves. Today they had a dog-o-ween where you dress your dogs up and you can dress up too. The dogs were really cute in their outfits. One of the dogs was dressed up as a caveman, there was a bumble-bee. The dog that won the contest was dressed as Austin Powers. (I didn't have my camera on me so I didn't get pictures, otherwise I would post them.) That's pretty much all I have to say today... Oh and my mom made some awesome rice pudding today for dessert and I now thought I would share the recipe with you. Also my mom told me that I have pretty crappy grammar, but I don't care because I'm not an English major and because I don't like English class.

2 1/2 cups of cooked rice
2 cups milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
nutmeg
raisins

Place rice in medium saucepan, add milk stir carefully and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
Beat egg yolks, stir in sugar, the add to rice and milk slowly while stirring. Continue cooking about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and remove from heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. And raisins if desired and how many you want. Serve warm or cold. Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment