Sunday, March 27, 2011

Festival of Colors

This weekend was pretty freaking great.
Lets start with after work on Friday. I got half a cake for free from work. I loved it, it was delicious.
Then on the way home from work I stopped to get gas, and got a dollar off every gallon because of a glitch in the system. Then on Saturday, I was really lazy and just hung out at my Grandparents house while they went to Idaho to get lottery tickets. Then around 5 pm I went over to see my cousin Jesse, and we were going to try and go to the Festival of Colors. Well we drove about an hour to Spanish Forks, when we got there almost everyone was leaving. We decided that we wouldn't stay and that we would try again tomorrow. We started headed back to his house, and he took me sight seeing basically. We went up a mountain/hill thing to try and see the whole valley. That was a bust because of snow. We then went driving around looking at houses. While looking at those houses, they were beautiful, but I couldn't help thinking "who the hell needs two guest houses?" That was basically all we did, nothing too exciting, but it was still fun because it was time I got to spend with my cousin. Sunday morning rolls around, I head out at about 10:30 am, pick up my cousin and head back down to Spanish Forks. We got parking that was not too far away from the festival, and there weren't as many people as there were on Saturday. It was estimated that 40,000 people attended on Saturday. We bought bags of colors to throw at each other. Jesse's friend Brittany and her brother Trent joined us and we had a good time throwing colors at each other. I don't know how it happened but I ended up with colored toes even though I had sock and shoes on the whole time. I also don't know how I ended up with the only stains on one of my shirts being armpit stains of purple color. On top of all this not knowing how things happened, I got color where I wouldn't think I could get color, which was the inside of my bra. My car maybe permanently colored in a couple areas, because of getting in the car (I do know how I did this one, with my hair. I hit it on the door frame inside). I had to wash my hair twice to get the color out, and there are still spots where its colored. I believe that this weekend was pretty great, you may have other opinions, but I don't care. I enjoyed it and that is what matters. We shall see what next weekend brings.




Not really an after shot but somewhere in the middle


Before any color

  
 

  



After getting pelted in the face with green





During the mass color throwing


The four of us as we were leaving and going to KFC


No comments:

Post a Comment