Sunday, March 13, 2011

Internship...

I started my internship last week Monday, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I did have a few screw ups the first week, but hey, 1. I'm a student and 2. it was my first week and 3. Its hard to understand my coworkers. The person I work with the most is a Mexican man and so he has an accent and on top of that he talks very quiet and mumbles. I seem to be the only one that doesn't have an accent from another country. I work with a couple Mexicans, a French guy, an Iraqi, an Iranian, and some other middle eastern man. I am also one of the only girls that works there, at least in the kitchen its self.

I got to go up to visit some awesome people this weekend. They were a neighbors in Germany for a few years and they are close family friends. I had an amazing time with them. Marrissa is like a little sister to me, and we went min golfing and laser tagging on Saturday. I hit myself in the ankle with the putter, it gave me a welt and a bruise. It hurt and still hurts when I poke it and move my foot in a certain way. Marrissa thought I was faking it. Then today we just hung out and colored with chalk on the driveway. I made a monster sheep and a floating cow. Marrissa made flowers, ice cream and a sun in clouds. We had a lot of fun.

The next couple months are going to be the longest period of time that I will go, so far, without seeing either of my parents. I really miss my mom, and I miss Holly and Lexi a lot because my Grandma's cat doesn't like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment