Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homework

As long as I can remember I have disliked homework. Its the fact that you have to do work in your free time, when they should just teach you everything you need to know in the hours of schooling and not make you work on it out of school. I know that this will never happen but I like complaining and I like procrastinating. Procrastination is really an art form, because you have to know how long you can put something off without failing to complete the task before the time limit is up. Even though I'm basically working full time, you would think that I would not have to deal with the boring old homework assignments from school. Well you would be wrong. I had actually gotten them complete according to the specifications I was first told. That was yesterday, however, today I have an email in my inbox telling me that this is really the way that I have to do them and that I now have to re-do them sort of. I could copy and paste most of it, which I am going to do, but I still have to work on it to make it the way that they want it to be. My point being is that I thought I was done with this week's assignment. Oh well.

On other news I went to Walmart, got caught up in the movie aisle and ended up buying movies. That's just how I am. Also while at Walmart I bought a web cam so that I could Skype with my mother, and see my kitten, or cat I should say, seems how he is no longer kitten sized.

Internship news, I am making chocolate mousse by myself everyday, without a written recipe. I love making the chocolate mousse, I literally am elbow deep in it at times. I don't remember if I posted about the cocoa powder, but I'll post about it now anyways. The other day while at work I was going around a corner and knocked over a bucket of cocoa powder and it spilled onto the floor making quite a mess. Well I have not had an actual tour or anything telling me where to locate things, so I didn't know where to find a broom. The boss's son was yelling at me telling me to clean it up, I was confused because I didn't know what to clean it up with because I didn't know where to find a broom. I was asking him where to find a broom and he basically told me to ask someone else (to me, that means he didn't know where it was at either). Anyways a co-worker cleaned it up for me and I thanked him for doing so. I am still not good at cutting straight lines, or equal portions. I do believe however that I am better than I have been in the past. I also think that I need to work on speed, because when Alberto (the person that I work with the most) does things, he can do them so well and fast, (he has been doing it for nine years at least though). Often times I feel like I move slowly, which I probably do, but it's to try and make things more precise, because otherwise I get a speech about how one piece is too small and that another piece is too large.

Off to bed I go. I'm exhausted, work is exhausting. I very much dislike getting up before 8 am. I have two more work days this week and then the weekend. Going to see a movie on Friday with my Grandma Jo and my cousin Tab, maybe my cousin Chas as well. Besides relaxing, that's all I got planned this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment