Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Banana Bread

I hate cleaning. One time I was helping my mom vacuum the house and I started getting hives, so I believe that I'm allergic to cleaning. The reason I bring up cleaning is because I leave on Friday and I need to clean my room, otherwise my mom will be very angry with me. I don't mind packing though, I've done it enough times to be use to it. I made banana bread yesterday for my mom to take to the last day of work for her. I think I might put up a recipe for banana bread, not necessarily the one that my mom uses which is the best one, but one of them that I have. I'm pretty sure that Lexi knows that I'm leaving soon because she has been hanging around me since I brought suitcases up into my room. This is unusual because she runs away from me normally. As I sit here typing, she is actually purring(she doesn't purr much), and rubbing all up against me. I don't think that Holly knows whats going on, he just thinks that the suitcases are things to play with, like everything else in my room. There was a comment posted on my last posting asking where I was interning at, so I would like to anwser that question. I will be interning at Gourmandise, The Bakery at 250 South 300 East, Salt Lake City, Utah. So if you live in Utah, then stop by and get some delicious treats. 

Banana Bread
3 each Eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
½ cup Oil
¼ cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
3 cups AP Flour
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
½ cup Walnuts (optional)
2 cups mashed or pureed bananas (very ripe)
Method of Prep
Preheat oven to 350*F Grease bottom of 2 loaf pans. In a large bowl mix eggs, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.  Stir in flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and powder. Pour batter into pans and bake until toothpick comes out clean about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment