Friday, November 19, 2010

Bruchetta

So I leave for Utah tomorrow... I'm excited! I packed yesterday, and then decided that I needed to do laundry so I had other clothes to take. (Let me clarify, I don't do laundry, my mom does.) Still I'm packed and ready to go. I can't wait to see my cousins and my grandma and my aunties and uncle. I think I'm most excited to meet my newest cousin (if its my cousins baby does it still make it my cousin or is it my second cousin or what?). Anyway its a baby and she is really cute from the pictures I've seen and from what I've read on the blog Lily Makes Three. Also I'm excited to go see the Harry Potter movie, which I'm taking my grandma to.

I wanted to go snowboarding today, but I was not allowed to go. :( So I'm stuck in the house doing nothing but being lazy and lounging in my pajamas, like I usually do when I have nothing else to do...
My toes are really cold today and I have no idea why.

I added a new page to my blog and this page is just going to be a bunch of links to pages in my blog so you can find a recipe that you want faster. Instead of trying to search through the whole blog to find one.

I decided to do the bruchetta recipe that I found online because I was reading a magazine and they had recipes for bruchetta, but they weren't the typical bruchetta recipes. And it made me want to make bruchetta, so I found the recipe and I'm going to make it for dinner with some chicken on the side, (let me clarify again, I'm just going to help make dinner, my mother is going to do the chicken). I'll let you know what I think of it later, but for now here it is.

It says 6 Roma tomatoes, but I think that I'll just use whatever tomatoes I can get my hands on/what my mother buys
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup basil (it says fresh basil but I'm using the kind that comes in a jar and isn't fresh)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups mozzarella (but again I'm just going to estimate and I might use parmesan)
1 French baguette

Preheat the oven on broil. Dice or chop the tomatoes (depends on how big of pieces you want). Then combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl and allow to set for about 10 minutes. Slice the bread into about 3/4 inch slices and then broil for about 1-2 minutes on sheet pan. Take out of oven and then place the tomato mixture on the bread. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture, and broil for about 5ish minutes or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, i'm excited you have a blog. I'm glad your dad posted in on f/b. How are you doing? (Do you remember me? I'm your dad's cousin) Any way, i'm excited to follow your blog and try your recipes. I hope you have a great time when you get here. Mindy

    ReplyDelete