Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Muddy Buddy Chex Mix

Recently I have been watching Big Bang Theory online since I can't find it on actual T.V. and  I wanted to make sure I like it before I bought it, well I love it. It is a hilarious show. My newest favorite quote is from the show. "Did you know that pumpernickel comes from the German words pumper and nickel which loosely translates to fart goblin." I have a final tonight at about 6 and then I have two more finals to do tomorrow and then its off to Utah for Thanksgiving. I'm excited for Thanksgiving. The only problem I have is flying. I get motion sick and it seems to happen a lot on planes, not so much in cars (if I'm driving) or buses. You would think with all the flying that I have done that I would be use to it by now, well I'm not. I have medicine that can help with it, but I usually fall asleep with it, so I kind of don't want to take the medicine, because its only an hour flight.
I REALLY want to go snowboarding, like I don't know how to express how much I really want to go.

Something that kind of ticked me off is that I did something very nice for someone and I wasn't thanked. I get it that I shouldn't do something nice for someone and expect them to thank me or appreciate what I did. Its just that I would like to be appreciated and thanked for things I do more. I try my hardest to make sure that people I know that do things for me are appreciated and thanked. I enjoy doing things for people, but I also enjoy being thanked and appreciated for the stuff I'm doing. I guess that its mostly that I did something nice for someone and I wasn't thanked. Now I wouldn't be so ticked if it was the first time that it had happened. I guess that I'm going to stop doing nice things for that person, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to do mean or bad things to them it just means that I'm not going to be as nice as I have been previously. Like making them stuff or taking them somewhere or sending them things.

Sorry for the little side rant. I just had to get it out there. Also for people that I haven't thanked for something that you have done for me. Please consider this as a make up thank you for previous actions, and I shall try harder to make sure I appreciate you in the future. And I'm sorry if I have made you mad because I did not previously thank you.

Today's recipe is from the Chex Mix homepage, I had been wanting something that we use to get in high school called puppy chow. I don't know why it was called that, but it was always delicious. Anyway I found this recipe and it was just like what I wanted. So here it is in all its Chexiness.

9 cups chex mix
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Measure out the cereal and place in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl place the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then place back in micro and heat for another 30 seconds. Add more time if it is not smooth. Add the vanilla and stir. Pour over the cereal and stir. Place in two gallon bag and add powdered sugar, shake until blended.

I personally added more powdered sugar because it didn't coat it enough. But that up to you.


These were taken on two different days, but I think they are both pretty. The second one was from today on my way to class and I can't remember when the other one was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment