Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day and its kinda a big deal to me. My mom, dad, grandpa, and uncle are all veterans, I'm sure I'm forgetting someone in my family that is also a veteran, but I have poor memory. Many of my friend's parents are veterans and even some of my friends are veterans. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am trying to think of all the people that I know who are veterans and thank them for their service and keeping the country the way it should be. I'm very proud to say that my mom is a veteran and she served 22 years. She is a really awesome person and I think I get that awesomeness from her. I love my mom and everything she has done.
I don't have a recipe on me since I am blogging in between classes. It seems that this year I am more affected by the cold than previous years. I am currently wearing three layers on my body with a jacket on top (so really four layers I guess). I am also wearing long socks, like ones that go up to my knees when normally I wear ankle socks (I'm also wearing ankle socks on top to try to keep my toes from freezing off). Suffice to say I am freezing. I started making a scarf last night because I know its only going to get colder, whether or not I actually use the scarf is another question.
I still have no idea what I'm going to do my speech on. In speech class today we were having a discussion about the Jersey Shore show, for whatever reason I don't know. But Brian said this hilarious joke and I wanted to share it with you guys.
"The Situation": An umpa loompa after the factory closed.
We were talking about how this one girl didn't know "what" a Snooki was (its a Chilean whore or skank, apparently). And we some how landed on how she didn't know "the situation" and when she went to google images, she said that a shirtless orange person popped up. So Brian said "the situation: an umpa loompa after the factory closed." We all had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment