Friday, November 5, 2010

Sugar Cookies

Max has to wear a bag around his leg when he goes outside, he also has to be walked on a leash. Whats funny about Max wearing the bag is that when he comes back inside he holds his foot up like he is saying "Take it off, I don't want it on anymore." It is really cute. I've been trying to get a picture of him doing it, but when I am around with the camera he doesn't do it.
I turned on my t.v. today and there wasn't really anything that I wanted to watch. So I just left it on the channel it was on and started doing things on my computer. Well after awhile this show called Sister Wives came on and it is really interesting. Its about this polygamist family. This guy named Kody has three wives and twelve children with one on the way(I think). He is also starting to court another lady. And one of the wives actually wanted to be a sister wife and she had it planned out as to which sister wife, she wanted to be the third wife. But anyways I don't really know how anyone could be a polygamist because its to much like cheating but allowed because he is married to all three of them. I can understand how polygamy started. At least I think I know how it started. I may be wrong, I don't know everything. I think it started when a husband would die then the wife would be taken in by a man, even if he was already married. That way the woman would be taken care of.
Also what I don't get is how some people can have 19 children and still want more. I have always wanted a bigger family, but I would much rather just have like two more siblings, but only two. I guess I'll just have to deal with the crappy older brother that I have now. He is a crappy older brother because he has never really done things like an older brother should. I think that we are just too close in age to get along. Both of my parents came from four children families and somehow I ended up with just one sibling... Oh well.
I'm counting down the days until I go see my Grandma Jo, but at the same time I don't want Thanksgiving break to come because then after break I will have the worst labs ever. I will have to go to class from 6pm to midnight...

Yesterday I found out that in my English class I was going to have to do a group project. Which I believe is the stupidest class to have a group project in. Basically what we have to do is write a paper together. Because I missed class on Tuesday, I got put in the group of people who are least likely to show up for class. The only class that I have that won't have a group project is speech. The only group project that I feel is actually validated was my Menu Planning and Cost Control class. Which had so much stuff to do in it that it needed to be a group project.  But my leadership class if the teacher made the requirement of time to talk to like four to five minutes then it wouldn't need to be a group project. I only have two weeks of class left. Meaning there are only eight actual days I have to go to class. Also I have fifteen days until I go to Utah to visit my Grandma Jo.

Sugar Cookies


1/2 cup butter (softened)
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg. Stir in vanilla. Mix flour, salt and baking powder, in seperate bowl. Mix into butter mixture alternately with milk. Form dough into flattened ball and refrigerate till thoroughly chilled. (like at least 3 hours). After chilling preheat the oven to 350 degrees faherenhiet. Roll onto well floured counter to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Frosting

1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
dash salt
4 cups powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment